It’s officially summer and it’s raining in San Francisco,…but this temporary waterfall doesn’t keep me from enjoying a refreshing, healthy dessert.
Here’s a twist on my mom’s childhood favorite (Coke floats), swapping the sugar-loaded cola for my favorite probiotic beverage, kombucha.
If you didn’t catch my post all about this belly-soothing drink, I suggest you check it out here. And if you are already hip to the kombucha game, here’s a quick and healthy dessert you can throw together with very little effort. It requires nothing but fresh, bubbly kombucha and your favorite ice cream.
Before you head to the store, here are my tips to picking out clean, real ice cream:
- First, answer this question: can you handle dairy? If so, skip to #3. If not, jump down to #2.
- If dairy is not your friend, there are tons of options to choose from these days. You can find ice cream made from coconut milk, cashew or almond milk, or even consider a sorbet.
- Once you decide if you are going for dairy or the non-dairy alternative, read the ingredients, would ya? Please! Ice cream can be loaded with high fructose corn syrup, artificial food coloring, and even oils. Eww! You are already indulging in sweet cream – so there’s no need to bombard your beautiful bodies with the filler stuff.
- Once you find a brand with minimal ingredients (something like milk, sugar, eggs, chocolate), you’re ready to pick out a flavor to go with your kombucha. Vanilla always works!
- A bottle of your favorite kombucha
- 2 scoops of your favorite, clean ice cream
- Grab a cute class
- Scoop in your favorite, clean ice cream
- Pour the kombucha directly over the ice cream, splitting 1 bottle for two people/servings
- Serve with a straw and maybe a spoon
What the heck is kombucha? Click here to learn more!
Kale. All Day. Err Day.